- High School Course Selection
- Understanding the Admissions Environment
- Constructing a College List
- Monitoring the Application Process
- Demonstrating Interest (How to Show a College You Are a Good Match for Them)
- Basics of Financial Aid
- Schools Research
- Campus Visit Planning
- Standardized Testing Selection and Scheduling
- Leadership Development
- Resume Building/Activity Planning
- Interview Preparation/Skills
- Career and Personality Exploration
- College Assessment Report
- Essay Development
- Application Review
- Helping Families Communicate with each other
- Final School Selection
The majority of my clients use the comprehensive start to finish Advising Package. This includes the activities listed above (as needed). Students typically begin during their sophomore or junior years. Allow me to make the process less complex and stressful.
Service Academy and ROTC Advising
An advising package or hourly advising support are options for students interested in becoming military officers. While some service academy/ROTC scholarship applicants work with me on all aspects of their college search (advising package), I also collaborate with other counselors throughout the US to support their students through this process (hourly work). Some families aren't working with an advisor but collaborate with me on the military aspects.
See the Service Academy & ROTC page for more details.
Hourly students are managing their own application process but have specific areas in which they are looking for guidance. My hourly students fall into three categories:
Freshman looking for assistance in planning their academics and activities
Seniors seeking essay support
Applicants for military service academies and/or ROTC programs
It's essential that these students are proactive and have strong time management skills.
A Veteran-Owned Business.